Sunday, November 15, 2009

A journey remembered


View from Arigalan hotel


This trip has so many highlights that I'll blog about them individually....each trip to Mexico opens up new experiences (both good and bad). I learn things about myself along the way......the way that I encounter poverty is always one that I face and confront. It is always hard, no matter how many times I go. You won't see any of that captured in photos. I learn more about the cultures, the history, the incredible diversity of this country....

So I'll start with one of the best parts of the vacation...a relaxed week at the beach. A week of wearing my bathing suit and sarong daily (and putting on flip flops to stroll to the palapa to eat our fresh seafood meals facing the ocean). We stayed up on a hotel that faces beautiful views of San Angustinillo beach, and we were a steep hillside walk to that sweet place. The other nearby beaches were Mazunte and Rinconcito. These are sleepy tiny beach towns, with light tourist infrastructure....very much still Mexican fishing towns. In fact, Fede hit it off with them, which meant he got invited to spend a morning with them fishing...and brought back a delicious fish for our dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! I can just see you relaxing & enjoying every moment. Dad would have been Federico fishing.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete