Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sisters

Relationships with our sisters are one of the most essential, complex, satisfying, and difficult...depending on the moment in our lives or time of the month. My baby sister and I don't get to spend enough time together, and that has been the case for years...ever since I left home.

She's grown into a remarkable woman, who I admire more than I can express to her (without sounding totally over the top). She's brave, smart, beautiful, strong (as in triathalon fuerte), and has a heart with more love and patience that Mother Theresa. Because while Mother Theresa was a saintly woman in Calcutta helping the poor, she didn't raise two boys and watch over my parents, while teaching math to first generation college students. I think my sister rocks.

So I learned today she loves tres leches (oh the things I don't know about her!), as we chowed down at El Charro's downtown. I'm going to make her a rocking one when they visit this summer. Here is to my sweet baby sis.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea you wrote this, Sister woman! Makes me all choked up; and now a little bitter since you did *not* make me tres leches this summer. You're such a tease!
    Ah, well... something to look forward to for my next visit!

    ReplyDelete