Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Boy oh boy

It's cool to rediscover an author after years apart and realize that your love burns as bright as it did when you were a kid. The author that I've found again is Roald Dahl.

He of Willy Wonka and James and Giant Peach.

I've found his adult oeuvre and am finding his wry compassionate wit to be as endearing as it was when I was a little girl. I'm enchanted all over again, but now by the real man behind the stories.

My recent read is the autobiographical work Boy, and I sped through it in a day. There is a laugh out loud moment that is priceless, more so because it truly happened. Thanks to my earlier post, my mom is also enchanted (she got Boy from the library - lucky me) I promise you won't be disappointed if you search out these slim and funny books for grown-ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment