Saturday, December 19, 2009

Friday dose of hope

So the work week went out very nicely. Ate fab tapas at Toro Bravo, which is always good for OMG food moments that are worth every penny. The winter squash tapas was incredible, and the very genuinely nice waitress provided the ingredient list:

  • Squash
  • Cream
  • Carmelized onions
  • Harissa
http://www.torobravopdx.com/

I am going to replicate this at home, minus the cream. Maybe use Tofutti sour cream instead. We shall see how it comes out. I know that the cream is probably what makes it so decadent, but cream is not good for moi.

Accompanied by 2 of my favorite people saw Invictus....which was so inspirational and fantastic. I love seeing a film which documents hopeful moments and real people who are remarkable. That I'd been to South Africa and seen Robben Island myself connected all the dots. Confirms what I already knew about Mandela. He's one amazing spiritual leader, not just a political one. Take aways: forgiveness is power. Lead by example.

Trailers confirmed that Hollywood is not really into telling the hopeful stories of remarkable brave people. Clint Eastwood is a happy exception. I think he's trying to make up for all those Dirty Harry films.

No comments:

Post a Comment