Thursday, August 20, 2009

Soaking

I'm going to let you in on a wonderful neighborhood place which we (finally) discovered as a couple...Common Ground Wellness Center's soak/sauna. I've been going to Common Ground for massage off and on for a while and always wanted to try out the hot tub and sauna, which I saw as it was being constructed. Finally we did it last weekend, and we love it.

It is clothing optional, which I admit, takes a certain amount of comfort in your own skin (and seeing others in theirs). I love the hot tub under the stars feeling in the evening. No one talks (hardly), so it has this very zen quality. Naked people relaxing in hot water. Naked people sweating in sauna. The only thing that needs some improving are the patio plants.

We did it again tonight...it was just a nice way to wind up a week. I come out feeling warm, very very relaxed, and ready for sleep. I'm visualizing this combined with a massage and yoga....for the total relaxation experience. Since People's Yoga is a few blocks away, and Audy is right in the building, this is easy to pull off, if I can block out 3 plus hours. Which I can, and I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment