Sunday, August 30, 2009

Heavenly!






So we are back from 2 days of restful relaxation and fun at Breitenbush, a lovely place tucked in the Cascade Mountains....full of my favorite things: beautiful old growth forests to explore, natural hot springs, massage, yoga, a sauna, yummy vegetarian buffet, and no chores whatsoever. We also made friends with this lovely couple from Seattle....it was just one nice thing after another....

It was also my first long hike post-surgery. My foot did pretty good, all things considered. It was not a pain-free experience, but the toe was actually really fine. The outer edge of foot really hurt, and I think it was due to the way I've changed my gait to minimize pain. Something I'm working on with the PT....It was such a beautiful first. Woods, rivers, creeks, crossing over on log bridges, birdsong....I am so thankful to be resuming all the things I love.

Here are some pictures to whet the appetite.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful!!! Makes me think of up north Michigan. I love the picture of Federico "holding up" the log. So glad you had a great time; just what you needed & deserve.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete