Friday, September 4, 2009

Thai massage

After Breitenbush's yoga class teacher told me that thai massage was wonderful for tight hips (an outcome of a lot of hip tightening activities over the years) I thought, I want to get myself a thai massage. It will help reinforce what I'm doing in my yoga class, plus relaxation. It was fantastic and a combo of yoga and massage - in one sitting. You do it on the floor, clothed....I highly highly recommend it. Here is a Youtube video that has a good demo.




That was my treat of the week, combined with 2 yoga classes!

I've really been working on building in relaxation into every single day. A long walk, swim, yoga, massage....I want to enjoy the ability to really use my body. Re-reading some old posts from last winter, I realize how far I've come from a walker and not being able to bath on my own.

I am so grateful for the healing process (and the resources that I have to help it along).

1 comment:

  1. I love the commitments you make to yourself... humor, relaxation,...
    You make me pause to see what's missing in my life.
    You are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete