Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Creativity

If there is any theme or thread running through this blog one is about beauty. I try to share things I think are beautiful....people, art, plants...celebrating what is beautiful and good about life. A diary that others can dip into.

For those who know me, I have long loved art (drawing, painting, pottery, etc.) since I was a child. In my ongoing effort to walk the path of beauty I (finally) enrolled in an art class. A drawing class to be precise. I scoped out every continuing ed art program and found one at the Pacific NW College of Art. Tonight was the first class, and it was fabulous. It has been YEARS since I was in a drawing class, and the teacher exceeded my expectations and memories. He got at the emotional side of creating art, the harsh inner critic many battle, and ways to work around or through those obstacles.

I walked out of the class smiling to myself. My creative self.

This is going to be an interesting and fun journey.

1 comment:

  1. Rita,
    So happy you are painting again. So many nice memories when you took classes at Agua Caliente. Of course, I still have some of those works of art!!!
    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete