Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Update

Well, the yellowjackets are officially gone. It was rather exciting to have someone in a full beekeeping suit in the front-yard at night with a large industrial vaccum sucking up yellowjackets. I learned that yellowjackets nest in the spring and like any small hole in the ground for nesting purposes. Note to self, fill up any holes by next spring-time!

The other update is about my foot. There has been some turning point in the healing process. I noticed at Kahneta when bounding up the water slide staircase barefoot over and over and running after Gladys....yes, running. None of it hurt. My foot felt normal. I started zumba dance classes on Tuesday, and ditto...no pain. It was far different when I was taking the same classes 3 months ago. Plus during cool down I'm now able to balance on the surgical foot alone, which I couldn't do before. I was even doing some of the jumping steps, and no still no pain.

All I can say is YEAH!!

2 comments:

  1. A definite YAY from me, too!

    Though I'm sad about the yellowjackets. How cool would it have been to host them for a while?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I no longer found it cool when my guests bit me. Also the thought of having visitors or Gladys getting bit was also a dealbreaker.

    ReplyDelete