Sunday, September 27, 2009

Fun stuff

So after having a particularly tough 2008 I decided very intentionally to make 2009 a particularly good one. I can't undo or erase the hard things, but I can certainly focus on the good things in life....my family, my health, creativity, and living in such a beautiful part of the world.

Yesterday was one of those days packed with good things. We started out by trying something different and new - kayaking in Scapposse Bay area. It was only my second time kayaking, and Federico's first time. He is a total natural in a kayak, which kinda of surprised me. I struggled a bit figuring out how to steer the darn thing, but a patient guide helped me learn a "rudder stroke." That did the trick. It was beautiful to be on the water, we saw great blue herons flying overhead....and it was definitely a good workout. We are jazzed to do it again and bring Gladys along. We stopped by a cute roadhouse to eat lunch. Later on we got to see a beautiful performance of poet Cindy Gutierrez (no relation) who channeled Aztec poets with her own poems accompanied to music on traditional Indian instruments.

We ended the day at Common Ground for a soak in the hot tubs under the stars and sauna. It was so relaxing and nice to just hang out without having to do anything....just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment