Saturday, December 20, 2008

A big snowstorm



For Portland. For Michigan or Boston this is normal winter weather.

I'm sitting here with my foot up, watching the snow come down all day. It is almost 5pm and still hasn't let up. It is beautiful and very Christmasy. Even for someone who has vowed to never live in an area that has snowstorms again. I saw some guy cross-country skiiing in the street (sorry folks, but you are just going to have to use your imagination!). No woman in her right mind is going to run to the window in a walker with a camera or cell phone in hand.

In a fit of total insanity or boredom, I went and bought a bunch of seeds for next year's garden online from Renee's Garden seeds (I love her seeds!!). Flower seeds mainly - more of the things that were really a hit (zinnias, sunflowers and signet marigolds) and some new stuff to try out. Cinderella's carriage pumpkin (heirloom seeds from France) is totally gorgeous. Someone was growing it in their front-yard this fall, and I said, wow, that is like a work of art. Our pumpkin plant was a big success in producing fruit, but I never would call the fruit sculptural works of art.

Any local PDX friend who wants to partake of the seed purchase (I can never plant all the seeds that come in a packet), make sure to visit in the spring with some envelopes. I love sharing.

No comments:

Post a Comment