Friday, January 22, 2010

Botanical drawing

I found the perfect storm of my interests: drawing and plants. I just started a PCC class on botanical drawing, and the first class was cool. The teacher is the right blend of smart, nice, and passionate. The students are a nice bunch. This is a perfect continuation of the PNCA drawing class. The teacher had us start out with a couple of cool exercises guaranteed to break the ice. Draw a fellow student. Twice. I can tell you that her name and face are now engraved on my brain, probably forever. Anna. The contour drawing was hard. No looking at the paper. The second sketch was fun. She's beautiful to look at, and so I was delighted to stare at her face and try to capture her on paper. Drawing an apple was a bit of a letdown after her.

No comments:

Post a Comment