Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gratitude journal

I've been listening to this amazing audio book on gratitude, which is something I've been working on cultivating. The author is a cultural anthropologist, so she weaves in all kinds of morsels of wisdom from around the world...which I love. The thing about cultivating gratitude is that you also need to face down the envy and comparison in your heart, which gets in the way of being really grateful. That is the first time I had heard that stated so plainly, and it is giving me plenty to work on and think about.....

One way to nurture gratitude is to keep a gratitude journal, so here it goes. I'm going to use this blog that way....

Today I'm grateful for:
  • A fabulous dance class this morning and being comfortable enough in my own skin and joyful enough to sing along with the music as I dance. Plus I just love the music...I can't stop from singing!
  • Working with people who are open and come to me with their joys, sorrows and feedback
  • My job
  • Being able to do the pigeon pose in yoga class deeper and longer than ever before and my wonderful yoga teacher who has guided me along the way.
  • Glimmers of sunshine in a rainy week

No comments:

Post a Comment