Monday, January 4, 2010

New Year projects

Two long overdue projects got started this weekend - clearing out the garage and finishing up Gladys' scrapbook (which occupied a messy chunk of the office). These weren't really New Year resolutions, but timing is everything in getting the year off to a good start.

The scrapbook project is such fun that I'm not sure why I didn't do it (something about a block of uninterrupted time). I love pouring over pictures and memories, organizing and figuring out how to make it fun and informative. When I create scrapbooks I'm always thinking of the distant future....what will people want or need to know about these photographs 30 years from now? 50 years from now? Will they want precise geographic locations, dates, names, what we were thinking or feeling? Who will be looking at this book? No idea if other scrapbookers go through this same thought process. I wonder what Gladys will be like when she's an older person. Oh, then more questions buzz around. Married? Kids? College?

The garage is a less fun or creative project, but it has the potential to be a real boon to gardening. Once I get rid of old cans of paint I'm going to have more space for plant starts and potting materials. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment