Tuesday, January 19, 2010

When a world falls apart, reach out

As I go about my day, there is another world that has fallen apart, another world away in Haiti.

I read the newspaper accounts (it is merciful not to be able to watch video coverage at home), and I cry. The suffering is beyond my comprehension, because I knew that long before this disaster Haiti was the poorest of places on our side of the world. This event pushes a nation past disaster, to the brink of God knows what. I pray and hope that the relief effort is able to help save and heal the survivors, and that a rebuilt Haiti will rise from the ashes of so much destruction.

I want to encourage all my blog readers to make a donation to the relief effort (if you haven't already). I've always been inspired by Doctors without Borders....they do remarkable work.

Additional note: very good article that lays out options for donating to Haiti relief efforts:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/24/nyregion/24critic.html?hp


http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment