Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

Today has been a real treat.

I started the day with a two hour vinyasa yoga class at Exhale Yoga Studio http://www.exhalepdx.com/ with Juliet. It was fantastic for many reasons, and one of them was that I could notice, really notice, how wonderful my body is and how much I could do (vs. noticing what I couldn't do and having that negative voice echo and reverberate). It was joyous to do pose after pose and enjoy being in my body. A year ago I was using a walker. Now I am doing the warrior pose! The class was not too hard, nor too easy...it was just right. Juliet had us focusing on an intention for 2010, and I loved her way of integrating this into the entire practice. A truly special way to start a year....

My intention is loving-kindness towards myself and others. Especially the people who drive me up the wall.

Then I headed to Common Ground for a soak and sauna, which was delicious and perfect after 2 hours of yoga. More relaxation, more being present in my body.

Then I headed to my next door neighbor's house for a New Year party, which was a lovely gathering of neighbors that I know in that passing friendly way....it was a chance to hang out and really get to know them. They are all friendly, interesting and nice...so I feel so fortunate.

So many good things all packed into one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment