Sunday, March 1, 2009

Autentica

So I had my camera ready to take pictures of our meal and Federico, but then we got carried away with talking and eating, and oops, the meal was over before I realized I meant to document it.

So you are just going to have to imagine it.

We started with shrimp ceviche and hot off the comal blue corn tortillas. Then I ordered an habas soup, and he ordered their fabulous mole. Both were fantastic, but their mole is beyond. I've eaten mole in the heart of mole land (Oaxaca), and this is one of the best I've eaten. Fede says that Oswaldo's mother makes it. It has that abuelita touch.

We wisely restrained ourselves from dessert, because the last time we came we did appetizers, 2 entrees, and dessert...and had stomach aches to go with it all.

The only other dish that rivals their mole is their pozole, which is also beyond. Get yourself to Autentica on Thursdays to taste that glorious soup.

Then I've spent the last hour bending my toe a zillion times, moxa, stretching my calves, and trying one of the yoga poses that makes my hips zing.

It's raining and dark outside, and suddenly I have this urge to experience intense sunshine and heat. This might be the Autentica effect. We might not have this climate until August.

Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment