Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rainy Saturday

Today is the kind of a day that gives Portland a bad rap. Cold rain...all day. Grey skies. However it does make you appreciate the sunshine way more.

We went out for an early breakfast at LRBC....I had the huevos divorciados, and Fede the Rudy Fernandez egg sandwish. Background note: Rudy is a Blazer basketball player, and Fede loves basketball, so do the chefs at LRBC (see their blog on the right-hand sidebar. Both most excelente, especially the black beans. We went by to visit his sister Fabiola and her new baby - Kevin. Totally adorable and tiny. I got to feed him part of a bottle. I've decided this is my week for psychological tormet. Oh well. That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm not going to avoid infants....that seems....counterproductive.

I'm working in the kitchen on my first ever pozole recipe - chicken with blue pozole that I got from Native Seeds Search in AZ. It smells fantastic; let's just hope it tastes good!

2 comments:

  1. How was the pozole? I am always amazed how many different foods you cook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!
    I want pictures of the pozole. =]

    ReplyDelete