Monday, March 16, 2009

Mellow Monday

Another gorgeous sunny day in the desert. It is so lovely to be warm right to your bones.

Today Nanci, Ana and I went swimming at the Y, and I got a tan after a mere 40 minutes outside!

We went home to get the parents and headed to South Tucson for some Sonoran Mexican food at the Crossroads Restaurant, our first visit. Nanci and I split an order of shrimp-filled chile rellenos (yum!), and my Dad ordered some Sonoran shrimp tacos....Ana ordered shrimp in a garlic sauce, and it came with rice and french fries (!).

We then headed to funky 4th Avenue for some shopping. I treated everyone to raspados (Mexican-style snowcones or shaved ice)....mango, coconut, strawberry....good stuff.

We stopped in one of my favorite Tucson places - Native Seeds. They sell heirloom seeds, as well as crafts and food products connected to the region. I think that anyone who comes to Tucson should come here....our plants and food traditions are truly unique. I got some gifts for friends back in Oregon...

To learn more, here is their web site:

http://www.nativeseeds.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment