Friday, March 20, 2009

White House garden

Well, I'm a not so secret fan of Michelle Obama. I think she's an inspiration in so many ways...don't get me started.

One of the cool things is that she's a big advocate for families eating local, organic and healthy....one of my personal goals for a few years now.

I just read on the NYT online that the Obamas will be starting their own garden on the White House grounds, with some help from local school kids from Mt. Pleasant.

I love this for so many reasons. Great role model and a chance to bring even more regular folks into the White House....

I love the idea of city kids getting to experience gardening at the White House. How totally fantastic for them.

Not sure how this will go down for Gladys, who is a big Obama fan because we are....

1 comment:

  1. cool i didnt know this. It's going to be an awesome exp. for those kids

    ReplyDelete