Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Woman in the kitchen

So I went to the gym yesterday and had a great pain-free workout! 50 minutes on the elliptical...at a level 10 intensity, with no pain of any kind. No twinges. Nada. I did my PT and got on home....chuckling to David Sedaris' weirdness in the car. I bounded up the stairs this evening. My body feels normal.

At home I threw myself into cooking. First a cream of broccoli soup with no cream...potatoes, some roasted turkey bones (from the freezer), and roasted broccoli. No fat, no dairy. Quite good. My taste tester is Federico, who votes this a winner. I then made a mango-meyer lemon agua fresca with agave syrup instead of sugar. I love it. My final touch is the roasted Oaxacan hot sauce with onions, roasted dried chiles, a roasted clove of garlic, salt, and a roasted tomato....all blended into a fiery salsa.

No comments:

Post a Comment