Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nuestras raices

My last few hours in Tucson were spent with my familia downtown enjoying the 6th annual Nuestras raices festival at the downtown library. Library junkies. That would be us.

It was a sweet festival....ballet folklorico with local kids in awesome costumes. A bilingual storyteller. Booths with local crafts and food.

We had to miss the kids mariachi group, because my flight was leaving too close to call.

Dad got me some of the most beautiful Mexican paper flowers I've ever seen. Gracias papi. They are going on the altar.

I had a chance to get a great tip for helping Gladys with her reading. Tumblebooks e-books. The librarian was extremely helpful. Eager even. We got home, and she loved it. Thanks Mom!

I'm home in Portland; we head straight to Yam Yams for the best BBQ in Portland. Debbie came along too, as she's always wanted to experience Yam Yams. She ordered fried catfish and sweet potato pie, both rocked our world.

I miss my family, but I'm happy to be home.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Gladys enjoyed the website... Too cool!
    Thanks for calling to let me know you got in safe; and thanks for a wonderful visit!
    Today I hiked Sabino Canyon & thought of you. Doug and I saw two deer and, again, I thought of you. I really love having you so actively in my daily life & miss that you are gone.
    Loves!
    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you and everyone a lot, and I so enjoyed hanging out and catching up.

    Hugs to you and the family....

    Happy to be coming home in May!

    ReplyDelete