Thursday, March 19, 2009

In sickness and health

That saying goes for married couples, but what about the children? I say this because I've watched my dad suffer illnesses his whole life. As a 2 year old I walked alongside him as he recovered from back surgery, and as a kid I saw him limp and ache with pain.

Now he has an incurable lung condition that is impacting his quality of life. Never seen him so tired or without much desire to eat.

It makes me so sad that he's had to suffer illness his whole life. I've heard stories that as a child he was sickly, and that my grandmother nursed him back from death through her sure will or skill (they were too poor to afford doctors or medicines). His twin sister was not so strong or lucky.

I pray almost daily for my parents' health and long life, but I'm not so sure that the miracle of good health is going to visit my father in this life.

I wish it were so.

No comments:

Post a Comment