Monday, March 9, 2009

Monday monday

This whole blog thing is a fascinating project. Always interesting to see what I put in and what I leave out.

One thing I left out is that I overdid it on Friday, so by the afternoon my foot (right one that has 2 healing fractures) was hurting in new ways. Maybe it was the overintense stair machine workout? That is going to be my bet. So I spent the rest of that day and the weekend backing off. I forget that I have healing fractures much of the time, and in my zealous way am bent on increasing my aerobic and fat-burning time on cardio machines, like in the pre-surgery days.

I need to rethink that strategy. So my foot is telling me, should I chose to listen.

So I did yoga on Saturday and that was pretty much it. The pain has much subsided.

Today Fede and I went for an hour long walk to Alberta Street and back home. I started out with some pain, which faded (endorphins, who knows?) early in the walk. We enjoyed the morning snow (which gratefully didn't stick). I remembered that just a couple of months ago I was confined to my bed, watching snow come down, unable to walk. The gratitude I feel is so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment