Sunday, July 12, 2009

Berries on a rainy Sunday




Gladys is going through some funky 9 to 10 year old stage. She likes to run off without us down the street, gets sassy, and generally is asserting herself in ways we are challenged by....argh. Now that I've got that off my chest.

Today we went blueberry picking on Sauvie Island, where over the past 5 years I've picked every kind of veg/fruit a U-PICK might offer - corn, peaches, strawberries, pumpkins, marionberries, blackberries. Right now blueberries are in season. I heart Sauvie Island....place of beaches (including a nude one), farms galore, great nurseries to get my plant fix, and birding. What is not to love?? After that we went for a dip in the Kennedy School's soaking pool....yum.

Tonight I'm going to make some fine blueberry muffins for my guy. I got the recipe from the wonderful cookbook "Junior's Remembering Brooklyn with recipes and memories from its favorite restaurant."

Above are the before and after shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment