Thursday, July 9, 2009

What I'm reading

"The Road" was very intense and bleak (and good, surprisingly I didn't think a book that involved humans eating an infant could possibly redeem itself, but it did). I kept finding myself wanting to know what thing had happened to the planet to reduce humans to tiny starving bands of people (some who were cannibals). I adored the character of the Boy, his goodness, loving devotion to his father, his brutal honesty.

Now I'm transitioning to a really different book. The Sum of our Days. A memoir of Isabel Allende....again the theme of loss and grieving a loved one (gosh, this is getting a bit weird on me), but it is real and female. I love her novels and her heartbreaking memoir Paula. I've got enough audiobooks to get me through Christmas at this point....next I've got a novel by Toni Morrison lined up.



No comments:

Post a Comment