Saturday, July 25, 2009

Saturday Market

We had fun strolling through the endless booths at Saturday Market. I always find cool stuff (amid a lot of stuff that I think is rubbish).....I succumbed to a sweet piece of garden art (a glass rose to stick in the earth when there are no roses blooming), a birthday gift, and a hostess gift....

The great food find was amazing authentic pupusas, the amazing stuffed corn tortilla wonders that is El Salvador's gift to the culinary world, imho. As good as anything I ever ate in El Salvador. Really.

I also learned when I should harvest my lavender. After it is all bloomed out. The Lavender Lady at the Market is my source of knowledge, as she runs a lavender farm that provides her with plant material for her crafts. I thought lavender that was bloomed out was not good for crafts. It is perfect for drying and making sachets.

No comments:

Post a Comment