Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Garden news

Today my girlfriend Debbie heads out of town, and she gifted me a bunch of starts as she head out the door....tomatoes, basil, pumpkin....I can hardly wait to get planting my next round of veggies.

I also stopped at Portland Nursery to get (more) flowers. Fragrant heliotrope and roman chamomile were 2 of my favorites last year. They perfumed the garden.....I stick the roman chamomile in between the stepping stones, and they take over and create a lush soft ground cover that smells sweet when you step on it. The purple heliotrope has this sweet vanilla scent, and it is a gorgeous purple that screams...you must be in my purple garden!

The funny thing is I wonder how the combined fragrances are going to work....jasmine, roses, heliotrope, sweet pea? Too much? Just right? I do kinda of go over the top when I like something. Perfumer of living things.

I forgot to mention something cool/interesting. I started coming down with a cold on Wednesday, and Friday I was feeling pretty icky....lot of sneezing, runny nose, throat a bit sore, low energy. I had accupuncture on Friday evening, and by Sunday I was 100%. No sneezing. Nada. It was one of those situations where I have to say I think it was the needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment