Wednesday, May 27, 2009

God on earth



I think that figuring out how to connect with the divine on earth is one of the primal activities of many humans.

While in Tucson I got to see how one photographer has gone about that task, through images of the sacred and the natural world, often in the same frame.

I was the only person wandering through the Center for Creative Photography's exhibit of Linda Connor's work, and it was like walking through a temple or forest...quiet, suitable for reflection....perfect. She's traveled around the world to capture moments of the sacred on earth....Above is one of my favorite shots. It looks very much like some trees I gazed at and sketched during my time in bed this past December. It was like a jolt of recognition looking at this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment