Saturday, May 23, 2009

Parents

Coming home to visit my family is a big ball of stuff. Some good and some not so great. One thing that I can say comes with time/age is appreciating your parents (or at least it has for me).

Not to say I don't get frustrated, because I do....but now I look at them with more compassionate and more understanding eyes. I love my Dad's goofy sense of humor now, whereas before I did a lot of eye-rolling. I find my mom inspirational (going through the photos of the kids she tutors is pretty amazing...).

I keep thinking that I don't know how long I'm going to have them, and it scares me silly to think of a time when I won't. I've learned too well that life is a fragile and temporary thing, and you need to savor the moment. You can't hang on to it or bottle it.

No comments:

Post a Comment