Sunday, June 28, 2009

Bread and roses

Poppies and herbs

Walking around our house...a few blocks in each direction...I notice that there are 4 new veggie gardens that have appeared this year. It's a noticeable development, and I'd like to think that our lush and colorful veggie/flower beds have inspired our neighbors to put their veggies in the front yard. Last year I felt a bit out there, but not anymore. I'm sure that Michele Obama and the economy have also pushed folks in that direction....

Here is a shot of some poppies alongside cilantro that is flowering, and you can see some garlic on the far right, lettuce in the back. A happy and unintentional combination of airy white flowers mixed with the bold purple that I love. It captures the blending of flowers and edibles that I strive for in the garden.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely picture!!! Dad had to point out to me the cilantro and garlic. How nice some of your neighbors are also using their front lawns to grow veggies.

    ReplyDelete