Saturday, June 6, 2009

Movie night

I've been hosting these periodic movie nights with friends, because I love having people over, hanging out over good food, and watching movies....if I can do all these things together it is pretty wonderful.

Rather than have my usual big birthday party I decided to have a girlfriend movie night....something more low-key and less work for me (although it was always potluck, so it was never as much about cooking as cleaning!). I asked guests to donate to Child Aid, rather than bring me any gift.

The theme of this party is chocolate. We are going to have a chocolate tasting, and I've bought a selection of gourmet chocolate bars that I would NEVER buy otherwise. It's funny how that works. I'm making my famous empanadas (filled with chicken and veggies), and different friends are bringing other dishes to round out the menu, including brownies (because you can NEVER have too much chocolate).

Then we're going to watch "Like Water for Chocolate." Haven't seen that movie since it came out....loved it and the book.

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to celebrate your birthday!!! Never enough chocolate. I loved the chocolate store we went to when you were here, but I ate all the chocolates in just two days!!!

    ReplyDelete