Friday, June 12, 2009

Teaser

I don't have time to photograph the latest amazing gardening happenings at this moment, but I did want to give you a teaser of things to come:
  • lucious ripe strawberries - waiting for Gladys to pick them
  • teeny garlic chives are coming up from seeds I planted so long ago I forgot about them...almost. First timer.
  • pretty purple flowers that are coming up from bulbs I planted months ago. A first timer.
  • roses blooming and on the verge with lots of buds on 4 bushes. My water campaign against pests seems to be working. A first.
  • Broccolli is peeking out....yet another first for the garden this year.

A good deed I've done is share my garden bounty with the 2 friendly elderly neighbors. I've bagged up greens and herbs with a note from me and left it on their porches....We have more than we can eat, and this will save them the trouble and expense of buying fresh veggies at the market. It feels good to share. A garden is meant to FEED people, not just be pretty.

1 comment:

  1. The garden sounds beautiful.Looking forward to the pictures. We know your elderly neighbors will enjoy the fresh veggies & herbs. You are very kindhearted.
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete