Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fresas

Today another strawberry was harvested today. After a dip in the Kennedy School soaking pool with Fede, Gladys and I worked on our poems, which is one of my summer vacation projects for us to do together. She always loves rhyming books, so I figured this was a natural next step and a great way to build those writing skills when she's on vacation.
She's written poems about pizza, flowers and vegetables (she totally picks her topics...I swear). We have co-written a poem on chocolate. We submitted two of her poems to the library's web site for "publication," which she's naturally excited about.

Yesterday she came home from the library and told me proudly..."I'm copying you." I looked at her and said, "What do you mean?" She proudly pulled out an audiobook case and told me that she was also going to listen to books everywhere too, just like I do. I was kinda of stunned at the fact that she really wanted to copy me and do so via listening to audiobooks. It never fails to amaze me the stuff kids latch on to, think is worthy of imitating. Unfortunately she didn't like her selection very much, so we've browsed some titles online and put her favorites on hold. Being a librarian comes in handy in so many areas of my life.

It is fun to be nuturing her love of words and creativity in new ways, and I have to say, these are the moments when I love love being her step-mom.

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture!!! You are a good model for her and I can tell she really looks up to you.

    ReplyDelete