Friday, June 19, 2009

Without the box

Most of the time I'm not missing the TV, but there are these moments when I'm like....argh. Give me some TV, some mindless distraction and excuse to sit on my couch and not do anything. During those moments I think about upgrading to a nicer TV (my TV is old and crappy. It has had these poltergeist moments where it shuts itself off, so I think it's on its way out anyway).

I'm going to fight that urge as long and as hard as possible. Because I think having a TV-less life is a good one. I'm not really missing anything important. Really. Even knowing about the incident on MLK is not critical in the grand scheme of my life. The daily drama of the video news programs is not something I need. Wants and needs being different creatures entirely.

Not having a TV with cable means that Gladys plays outside more. It means I'll do more chores or gardening or blogging or something else.

My next experiment should be a day without the Internet.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment