Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy birthday to me


New beautiful Don Juan climbing rose, planted for the baby....


Van Gogh sunflowers planted in front of the house.



New delphinum. I love purple!


Foxglove (which I've divided and have all over the garden)....this all started with one plant bought at a church plant sale a couple of years ago. Lavender is in front, and the rose bush behind.



Foxglove close up.....

Today was a nice day....started it bright and early with dance class, which is always a fantastic start to any day. Then worked in the garden for a solid hour (my birthday gift to me!), weeding, watering and checking things out. The garlic is sending up flower shoots, which I'm told you can eat and are considered a delicacy.
Any day that starts with 2 of your favorite things is pretty darn good.

When I got to work my desk was covered with two gorgeous bouquets from co-workers....It was awesome and smelt divine. They took me out for a lovely Ethiopian meal for lunch.....and then Fede took me out to Autentica. They treated us to some awesome tres leches cake and singing Happy Birthday, plus free ceviche.
I am just surrounded by thoughtful sweet people.....


1 comment:

  1. I am sooooo glad you had a lovely birthday. You totally deserve it!!!
    Know that I was thinking about you all day (and for days and weeks prior) and today I am hoping you continue your celebration all weekend long! =]

    ReplyDelete