Sunday, June 21, 2009

Yummy Sunday

So my day starts with a hot stone massage and just keeps getting better.

After Mass we head to the Sunday in the Parkways, which is the one of the best things going in PDX. They close a 8 mile loop of streets in North Portland, sprinkle the streets with music, food vendors and fun activities in various parks, and just let the bikers and walkers take over the splendid flowering neighborhoods. We took off on our bikes and had a blast....lovely views of the Willamette from the bluff, wonderful gardens (I got inspired), and some serious fun zooming around with Gladys and Fede. I get to see streets and neighborhoods I would never know otherwise, which I also love. I got to chat with a pirate; we bought delish paletas (cucumber with chile), and had a ball.

Then we got home and took Fede to Autentica for a Father's Day dinner. He ordered his favorite (and mine)...the mole, I got a great fish dish, and Gladys a tamale.

I'm so looking forward to 2 more Sunday Parkways this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment