Monday, June 1, 2009

Strawberry rhubarb crisp


Today we got our monthly box of organic veggies and fruits, which is always a surprise. It had a pint of strawberries and some rhubarb, so I was thinking I needed to cook this stuff up so it doesn't get old in the fridge, a fate worse than death for good organic food that deserves to be eaten fresh.

I went and found a Mollie Katzen recipe (used a bit less butter and agave syrup instead of so much sugar). I have whipped up a dessert for tomorrow.
Update: This recipe rocked! It was very easy and extremely tasty. I confess we ended up eating for breakfast and dessert. If you use organic butter and agave syrup it's not that bad for you!

http://www.molliekatzen.com/recipes/recipe.php?recipe=strawberry_rhubarb_crisp

No comments:

Post a Comment