Saturday, January 3, 2009

Accupuncture and pho


Today Federico and I spent an hour at Working Class Accupuncture (gotta love that name!) getting needles stuck in us. It is our weekly routine now, a bit disrupted by the Big Snowstorm that shut down Portland. Nanci and Yves came too, since I gave them some coupons for a free treatment. Matt (our accupuncturist today) was very mellow and gentle. He kept asking me how my foot felt as he stuck needles in my hand. I love the concept of community accupuncture - affordable, sliding scale, done in community. Everyone is genuinely friendly, both the staff and patients, who are either happy they are about to get accupuncture or have that post-accu bliss.

Check out their web site...

http://www.workingclassaccupuncture.org


Then we went to get take-out chicken pho from our favorite pho restuarant on Sandy, Pho An. I just discovered they have a great web site! "Food to revive the dead and heal the wounded" is what he said as we were eating away. The wounded would be me. :)

http://www.phoansandy.com


p.s.
You may have figured out that unlike 99% of all other bloggers I have not yet figured out how to embed active links into my posts. I have tried using the help feature to no avail. Sorry that you'll just have to cut and paste in the primitive way that our ancestors used to....

p.p.s. a big thank you to Ana for teaching me some html, making my blog much less primitive.

No comments:

Post a Comment