Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to work

I had a good first day back at work. I felt fine, and it was hard to force myself to use the crutches. It's far easier when you are lying in bed all day and only use them to go to the bathroom. It was great catching up with folks, and there is a lot of catching up to do.

I feel really tired right now, and it's not even 8 p.m. I could zonk out right now.

I don't really know what more to say about this morning. It was surreal in a wonderful way. I kept thinking about the slaves that built the Capitol, and what they would have thought to see Barack Obama taking the oath of office right there. In their wildest dreams would they have imagined it? Would their owners?

I think our country is in for harder times, much harder, but at least I feel like we have a smart man, maybe even a wise one, leading us. A direct man who speaks the truth.

So I'm going to be happy knowing we are in good hands.

God Bless!

1 comment: