Thursday, January 29, 2009

Recipes and such

The creamy cauliflour soup was a hit, and it was easy to make. I love that combination. This morning I jumped into the 2nd recipe from the same cookbook -- a spicy split pea soup that was fab. I slimmed it down by taking out the butter and ham, yet it is so rich...creamy and satisfying. I love putting in the ground cloves and allspice - what a fabulous and unexpected addition to one of my favorite soups. According to the authors, this is a very old Dutch recipe from the 1600s. Cool.

I just got back from having a massage at Kelli's. Wow. It was fantastic. I fell asleep on the table, and my body appreciated the kneading. Today I went for my first walk. I only did a slow shuffle around the block in the fog with Federico, who kept going to the park as I returned home.

Each day my body feels stronger, more normal. My PT exercises are leaving me quite sore, as I work to rebuild strength in my right leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment