Friday, January 16, 2009

A trip to India

I just had a wonderful "trip" to India thanks to Bev's visit and looking at her beautiful pictures. She covered an amazing amount of ground - from the Pakistani border to the tip of the country. It is one of my dream trips to visit that remarkable country, and I kinda felt like I was there for a few hours. She visited such an array of temples and mosques, reminding me of what a rich spiritual tradition that country has...thank you for sharing that with me. Thank you for praying for us while visiting those sacred places.

Here is one of my favorite Bollywood songs, posted in Bev's honor. From the movie Lagaan. These villagers are fighting for their survival in a cricket match against the British colonizers. They have just learned cricket for the occasion, and if they lose the game the village will starve. Their prayer is for victory, for survival, for liberation.

No comments:

Post a Comment