Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Into the swing of it

My walking skills have gotten a bit rusty, and I creep along like an old lady. My foot doesn't really hurt. It's tight and tender, but can't say it hurts. Is it the muscles in the leg that are just weaker and not used to the movement? An imbalance with the left leg that is way stronger and sure footed? Whatever the multiple reasons, I just am not quick on my feet. I don't like it, but compared to trying to get around on crutches, I'll take it! I also have to wear this black walking shoes with my work clothes, which I find old-ladyish too. I'm letting go of vanity everyday.

I'm also back in the kitchen trying out the Christmas gift Ana got me - "The Splendid Table's How to eat supper" cookbook. I'm making curried cauliflour soup with homemade chicken broth and curry that Yves brought me from Canada. Had to grind it, so it is fresher than the store-bought powders for sure. The soup happens to be an anti-inflammatory recipe. I shall report back tomorrow on how this tastes. We are big into soups in this house. It's just so fabulous to be cooking again.

I slept in last night, which I will chalk up to a serious snow flurry that coated the sidewalks. Maybe tomorrow I can venture out for a walk. An old lady paced walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment