Friday, January 9, 2009

Sparrow update

So I'm very curious about our resident sparrow and started to research it online. I know there are different varieties of every animal on the planet, but my gosh, there are a zillion kinds of sparrows. I'm almost certain that our friend is a song sparrow. Here is an amazing page that tells you EVERYTHING you would want to know about them, including a clip of their bird song. Wow. When you listen to it it's like spring's arrived.

http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Song_Sparrow_dtl.html#sound

My other project is to take its picture. Considering that it stays perched on the bush for a good 45 minutes right in front of the window, this should not be hard (once I get the camera and am sitting on the couch).

So stay tuned for more sparrow updates.

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning!
    Is your sparrow singing?
    Mom & I watched a great movie; if you haven't already seen it, you should... It's not a comedy, but it's hopeful: The Lives of Others.
    Have a wonderful weekend! =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning to you too!
    The window is closed, so I can't tell how much singing is going on.

    I liked that movie too. 2 German-themed movies I'd like to see are "Good" and "Valkyrie." Not sure how hopeful there are...

    ReplyDelete