Sunday, January 18, 2009

Web 2.0

With so much time on my hands, I have finally mastered something I've been wanting to do...figure out Delicious and the whole tagging thing.

When the Internet was in its infancy, I was in Costa Rica busy teaching people how to use effectively. It was very exciting and challenging to be figuring out how to train people on something I myself was learning how to use.

All this to say I've been bookmarking websites for a long time and knew that Delicious was conceptually the answer to my prayers. I could easily save and keep all those bookmarked sites (and organize and share them too). A librarian's dream. But who has the time to figure it out, upload them, and tag them all?

I did. It is marvelous and fascinating to see what rises to the top in terms of tag topics: Libraries, Mexico, travel, gardening, cooking..I love being able to see what others are bookmarking. Discovering new sites.

Here is a fab Common Craft video that explains it way better than I shall ever attempt.

1 comment:

  1. one of these days I'll explore this... I've recently immersed myself in facebook, which has connected me to people I haven't talked to in years. Connection and linking... two of my favorite concepts.

    ReplyDelete