Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back into the flow

It's been great getting back into the flow of a social life outside my bedroom...last Sunday was movie night, and some friends came over for a potluck and watching the comedy "Hot Fuzz." We all enjoyed a lot - very funny, goofy British cop action film.

I'm organizing a women sauna outing for February, maybe this will be a monthly thing....I've been wanting to try this cool Finnish-style sauna/spa in SE, so why not get some girlfriends to join me?

The whole anti-inflammatory diet thing is going pretty well. I crave coffee, diet coke and sugar. Wheat isn't as big a deal, especially if you don't eat out. Fede is cooking amazing meals and being supportive. I thought he would balk at brown rice bread or not drinking the wonderful fresh Oaxacan coffee his family sent us, but he's up to the challenge. The one thing we can't give up is corn.

Well, good night. I'm starting to fade. It's that lack of stimulants in my system, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Give up coffee... wow. You're more disciplined than I am!

    ReplyDelete