Monday, January 19, 2009

Medical update

I went to the doctor today for my weekly visit, and I have great news! My bones are healing "very well" and I'm a week ahead of where the doctor anticipated I would be in terms of healing. He's "very pleased" and plans to have me wearing my very chic walking shoes next Monday, a week ahead of schedule. It is the only time in the 2 years I've known him that he's used the words "very", "pleased" or "well." He's more the "no news is good news" type of guy. Low usage of affirming adjectives.

I want to appreciate all those who helped during these 6 weeks. My partner Fede for being the best caregiver ever. He does it all, with love, smiles and gentleness. I got breakfast in bed for 6 weeks, bless you. Minerva for cleaning the house, giving Fede a well-deserved break. Staff at Working-Class Accupuncture and An Hao Clinic for their treatments since the week of surgery to now...helping me heal, relax, and manage the pain. Kelli for her gentle weekly massages filled with the healing Holy Spirit. All those who called or came to visit, brought treats, and kept me connected to the planet earth outside my bedroom. Those who let me go on about the surgery and pain with open ears and hearts (you know who you are!) Daily doses of comedy, hilarious books, guided imagery, cards, flowers, and LOTS of vitamins.

Most of all to God, who is healing my body.

Thank you one and all.

1 comment: