Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The day after

Work was a busy blur, and then at the end of a long day Kelli came to get me for a massage, which was a great way for my poor back and arms to get a break from the crutches. I am so ready to walk in normal shoes w/o them. So ready!

My latest idea is to get a tattoo over the scar (after a year and my surgeon's green light). The thought of having to look at a scar is a drag, so why not cover it up? There are a lot of talented tattoo artists in PDX. I'm going to sit on this idea and mull it over. No rash decisions. I've always toyed with the idea of a tattoo, but ultimately don't want any permanent decoration on my body. However if I've got some permanent scar, I'd just as soon cover it up or camouflage it with something beautiful....

Catching up on the news. Happy to see the steps Obama's taking immediately. Freezing executive orders, moving on Iraq and secret prisons. The banking crisis looms as this big specter that he can't fix quite so easily. I was watching talking heads on PBS, and one of them said that this type of crisis requires prompt action before the situation advances, and that didn't happen. Mr. "I make the tough decisions" was too busy telling us how joyful the presidency is to deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. I think the tattoo is a good idea... it would be on an inconspicious place anyway, not likely to garner much attention unless you choose to highlight it. Smart thinking to mull it over for a year. I'm curious to find out what you decide.

    ReplyDelete