Saturday, January 24, 2009

Lazy day

Today we took it easy....breakfast (gluten-free pancakes - yum!). Gladys and I went to the library for a fun crafty program using recycled materials. She made this lovely shadow-box full of Valentine-themed things and boy she has a great eye...it is really quite lovely the way she uses color and layers. I loaded up on new music CDs and a couple of DVDs. I had this nice random interaction with another patron while browsing the DVDs. I glanced at "Hidalgo," and this older white guy says, "gotta love that Viggo Mortenson." I was like - wow, he read my mind. Can other people tell when you are a Viggo freak? Is it the way I longingly looked at the DVD box? So we chatted about his movies, and how good he is, and how violent his movies are. I told him he has a new one out in the theaters about the Nazis. Very nice to connect with a fellow fan. No matter how many years I work in them or how many I visit, it always feels like Christmas in July when I go to a library.

Came home, and I dared to return to the kitchen to cook! Yeah!! I made garlicy mashed potatos with the skins on, cranberry sauce, and Fede made the sage roasted chicken I taught him ions ago. The house smells DIVINE. Too bad blogs aren't scratch n sniff.

They are off to walk and play with Debbie's dog.

1 comment:

  1. count me amongst the ranks of Viggo fans, too. We watched the LOTR saga earlier this week because Jack was home sick (I know it's overwhelming for a 7 year old; that's why we watch it with him). When I watched Hidalgo it was on DVD checked out from the library. When I read King's (Stephen, not ML) Dark Tower series, I saw Viggo as Roland Deschain.

    So, yeah.

    ReplyDelete