Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dreams and such

Being off of caffeine and in the land of herbal tea has been doing interesting things to my sleep. I dream more or remember my dreams more (not sure which). It's been kinda of weird to suddenly have my dream-life more accessible, and I don't know why. Sometimes I have kinda of nightmarish ones, somethings just odd, sometimes just goofy. I went from zero dreams to definitely having them weekly, if not daily. I miss drinking diet sodas and decaf, but I know I'm saving $ by sticking to water and herbal teas, not to mention much healthier.

I was at the gym when the President was giving his speech, so I'm now on the White House site watching it. More on that later.

Tomorrow I've got a new recipe to try - Molly Katzen's root vegetable stew. It looks fantastic - ginger, garlic, parsnips (I LOVE parsnips!), etc. etc. I'm still eating that spinach soup of hers with a dollop of tofu sour cream. This is my daily greens quota. I'm realizing that salads in the winter are a hard sell for me. I'm not big on cold food, especially when it's cold and dark outside.

More on the Prez and cooking later.

Happy dreaming!

1 comment:

  1. No way can I give up my diet/caffeine pop & coffee!!! I do drink herbal tea at night, but no dreams I can remember. I was told once by my sister-in-law, Maggie, that I could remember my dreams if when I wake up, just lay there & the I would remember the dreams, but I never seem to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete